Red LED of my EYE-02 camera is permanently ON.
What to do?
EYE-02 camera reports error by turning red LED permanently ON. Follow these steps:
- Download JabloTool SW from this link and install the SW on your computer.
- When installation is finished connect the camera to your computer by USB cable. Jablotool will display the error description. Follow the solution under the description of each error.
Peripheral is lost
Camera lost communication with one of its wireless peripherals. Possible reasons:
- Someone moved wireless peripheral away from the reach of camera. Check if the peripheral is still on its place.
- Battery in wireless peripheral is low. Replace the battery, follow user guide of your peripheral.
- Radio signal between camera and wireless peripheral is too low. Move the peripheral or camera so that obstacles like thick walls do not reduce the signal. Direct visibility between camera and peripheral will provide the best signal. Move the peripheral away from metal objects like door frames.
SD card is not inserted
Camera cannot establish communication with SD card. There may be several reasons for this:
- SD card is not inserted.
- SD card is not inserted properly. Remove and insert the SD card again.
Essential data structures on the SD card have been corrupted
Camera cannot detect necessary data structures on the SD card. Possible reasons:
- Data structures on the SD card have been damaged.
- New SD card has been inserted into the camera.
To solve the problem, connect your camera by USB cable to the computer and launch Jablotool desktop. Jablotool will ask you whether you wish to launch update tool to recover the corrupted data structures. Select yes and the update tool will format the card. All necessary data will be recorded on the SD card during this update. When the update tool finishes, the camera will start using this new SD card. Please be aware that by formatting the SD card you will erase all contents of the card, including the data that camera previously recorded on the SD when the SD card was formatted in a standard way, e.g. by its manufacturer. In case that error remains after you recovered data structures on SD card, your SD may be faulty. Insert a new SD card into the camera.
SD card is full
Pictures and video sequences taken by the EYE-02 camera are recorded on its internal SD card. The camera monitors the used space on its internal SD card. Jablotool displays this error when the camera register there is no space left on which the records could be stored. To solve the problem,
The camera will now leave between 12 and 25% free space on the SD card by deleting the oldest records. Camera supports also SDHC cards, you can use micro SD card with up to 32GB capacity.
SIM card is not inserted
The camera cannot establish communication with SIM card. There may be several reasons:
- SIM card is not inserted. Insert the SIM card into the camera.
- SIM card is not properly inserted. Remove the SIM card and insert it again.
- SIM card is PIN protected. Connect your camera by USB cable to your PC and run Jablotool here. Jablotool will prompt you to enter the PIN code. You can also select the option in Jablotool to deactivate the PIN protection. Alternative solution: remove the SIM card from the camera, insert this into your mobile phone, deactivate here the PIN protection and insert the SIM card back into the camera.
GSM module failure
GSM module of the camera cannot switch on. The camera cannot connect to GSM network. It cannot communicate or transfer any data via GSM network. Possible reasons:
- Your SIM card is PIN protected. Connect your camera by USB cable to your PC and run Jablotool here. Jablotool will prompt you to enter the PIN code. You can also select the option in Jablotool to deactivate the PIN protection. Alternative solution: remove the SIM card from the camera, insert this into your mobile phone, deactivate here the PIN protection and insert the SIM card back into the camera.
- There is internal communication error inside the camera. Switch the camera off, take the battery out, wait for 10 seconds, insert the battery and switch the camera on. If the error occurs again, repeat this procedure several times. If the error still occurs, please check if Jablotool is not reporting error “SIM card is not inserted” or error “Failed to connect to GSM network” or any other error as well. If so, please check description of the other error in this document and follow the recommended procedure. If the error appears again, please contact the technical support, fill in the form here.
Failed to connect to GSM network
Each camera has a predefined timeout in which it should connect to the GSM network. If this timeout is exceeded, camera reports that it cannot connect to GSM network. Possible reasons:
- Camera signal is too low. To find out the signal strength and improve the signal follow our FAQ
- Drop of GSM signal on the side of network operator. Put the SIM card from the camera into your mobile phone and place your mobile phone into the location of the camera. Check the strength of the GSM signal.
Battery is not inserted in the device
The camera does not recognize that a battery is inserted in the camera. Possible reasons:
- Battery is not inserted in the camera. Insert the battery, it is supplied with the camera.
- Battery is not inserted correctly in the camera. Check if the four metal contacts in the battery area of the camera are not damaged and make sure they are properly touching the metal contacts of the battery itself.
Battery is discharged
Camera has registered that its battery is flat or is malfunctioning. The event „Flat battery or battery failure“ is triggered. Possible reasons:
- Battery is not inserted correctly. Check if the four metal contacts of the camera in the battery area are not damaged and make sure they are properly touching the metal contacts of the battery.
- Battery is discharged. Charge your battery. Information on how much your battery is currently charged is available in Jablotool software: click on the icon of your camera in the list of on-line devices.
You can find more information on battery in the camera manual, chapters Battery and Battery information.
Camera is dazzled
Camera uses internal infrared illumination and this is reflected back into the camera. Or a very strong light is shining into the camera. Camera picture is dazzled.
- Use external infrared illumination to take pictures at night. Read more;
- Move the object in front of camera away;
- Change the camera position so that the illumination does not reflect back into the camera;
- Move the source of external shining light into another position.