What is Switchboard
Switchboard is a built-in app of Raven phones enabling fast and comfortable dialling and call forwarding. It does the job of the extension panels on conventional office phones. Switchboard can be easily configured using the cloud administration.
Before you start
Please make sure that Switchboard is enabled on all your Raven phones. On each phone it need to be enabled as follows:
- Open the dialer app of the Raven phone. Select Favourites (the star icon in the upper menu).
- Click on the three dots in the navigation bar in the bottom right corner and select Switchboard.
- The Favourites icon (star) in the upper menu changes to the Switchboard icon. Your favourite contacts were automatically imported to Switchboard.
Shared and individual items on Switchboard
There are two types of Switchboard items (groups of contacts, contacts):
- Shared group items. These items are administered by the phone group administrator and are synchronized to all phones in the phone group. Users can adjust these items on their phones.
Select phone group > Click Contacts in the left vertical menu > Click Switchboard in the left vertical menu
- Individual items. These items are administered by the phone group administrator, by assigned user, or directly on the phone. They are synchronized to one particular phone only.
Select phone group > Select particular phone > Click Contacts in the left vertical menu > Click Switchboard in the left vertical menu
Tip: Check the chapter Individual vs group settings for details about group and individual settings.
Agenda Contacts > Switchboard